So where do you start? Which should be your biggest priorities? Maybe it is as simple as getting a grip on your email in box?How can you organize your entire life in the span of one year? So many questions will flash into your mind. But you have to make a New Year’s Resolution to get organized for the new year. You are not alone at all.
It’s no surprise that every year the office and home is a basic principle of Feng-Shui because clutter represents us not putting things in order. You should always remember that you have to keep organized this year because extreme clutter holds you back and keeps you from making progress. Everyone deals with some amount of clutter.
Try the following twelve simple clutter clearing and organizing tips from professional organizers. These are here for you to get organized for the new year.
1. Place one unneeded book, one piece of old clothing or other unwanted items in your car each day and take it to your favorite charity or nonprofit orphanage. Go through your closet at the end of each season, remove everything you haven’t worn, then donate it or list it on Craigslist or eBay.
2. Never leave a messy room empty handed. Always take something whether it be dirty laundry, dishes or something that doesn’t belong in that room.
3. Start a habit of scanning photos, putting the images on a disk and getting rid of the printed photos. Follow the rule of ins and outs that is nothing new comes in until you make room for it by getting rid of something else.
4. Place holders. Set up a three ring binder with a colorful pocketed divider for each month, meeting reminders, reservations, medical appointment cards, etc. into each month’s section.
5. Before shutting down your computer every night empty your e-mail trash folder so that you can start the next day with fresh energy, and your mind together with clean slate.
6. Instead of saving your child’s school projects and artwork, take digital photos of them.
7. You can check your office bulletin board for any outdated memos, old phone lists, and restaurant menus, then just embellish what is left so that the information you use the most often is easier to see.
8. Buy a smart phone to keep track of your day. (errands, meetings, grocery lists etc)
9. Get a digital receipt program. You store all of your expenses online, on your computer or even on your mobile phone.
10. Backup your important data incase your computers hard drive crashes. You can purchase a flash drive any where these days and they cost next to nothing.
11. Get one binder for your family members with subject dividers. You have to make a decision about which information goes into each binder if you have extensive medical history which may either take a big binder or multiple binders. You don’t want to loose birth certificates, xrays or any medical information related to your family members.
12. Scan all your documents and buy a paper shredder. This is very important especially if you run a business. Never throw out any personal paper work, it should always be shredded.
Above tips will be helpful to get you organized for the new year. Best of Luck!!