Everyone knows someone who has achieved the balance in life that seems to bring contentment with almost any situation. Observing these fortunate individuals creates a desire to live in a similar manner and decipher the secrets of balanced living. A balanced life is possible for those who take responsibility for every action taken throughout the day.
1. BE comfortable – Tense people are unable to breathe deeply and relax. Those who can really take in healthy breaths throughout the day are embracing the most essential activities.
2. BE rhythmic – A daily rhythm creates a pattern of achievement that is driven by pre-established priorities. The daily pace must be sustainable.
3. BE aware – Notice the weather, animals, neighbors and children every time the opportunity arises to enter the great outdoors. An optimal pace allows for simple awareness of the simple pleasures that await.
4. BE acknowledging – Wave to a friend or say “thank you” to those who hold open a door. Clerks, tellers and other drivers notice appreciative attitudes.
5. BE decisive – Every choice determines how well a day is balanced at any given moment. Active choices will determine how every moment of the day is spent. Wasted time drains life of energy and focus.
6. BE quiet – Sustained time without the TV, radio and cell phone allows balance to take root. Thoughts can be completed without distraction when focused, quiet time is included in every day.
7. BE present – “Be 100 percent where you are!” This valuable motto is essential for effective work and quality time with the family. Allow phone calls to go to voicemail when the kids want to play a game.
8. BE thankful – At the end of each day, list the many blessings from the events of the day. A grateful attitude is essential for anyone who wants to live a balanced life.
9. BE joyful – Frustrations with technology and people can steal the joy that is present in most of each day. A grateful attitude will choose joy over obstacles. Most situations can be funny with the right perspective.
10. BE reflective – Review the events of the day and week to recognize the best and worst choices that were made. Implement essential changes to maintain the balance that is essential to life.
11. BE happy – Grouches and cynics drain energy from everyone. Choose to be a person with a positive outlook and grateful attitude. Other people will wonder what you are up to as you live a happy and balanced life.
About the Author: Brenda L. Martinson is owner and founder of San Diego Personal Business Services, a Personal Assistant/Business Consultant company located in Carlsbad, CA. For more than 20 years, she has been in leadership roles for small to mid-sized companies in the health-care, real estate and training & personal development industries. Working with top-level executives and managers, Brenda has designed and implemented organizational and efficiency systems to help companies improve profits and optimize their people.
As a Professional Organizer in San Diego/Business Consultant, she utilizes her skills and experience to assist busy and/or retired professionals save Time, Money, and Space. Brenda’s organizational systems have helped people manage the personal and business clutter of one’s life through a customized and easy to maintain process. This process includes setting up systems and gathering resources to organize and improve one’s working/living spaces.
You may reach Brenda at her website Visit San Diego Personal Business Services.